Last Updated: 05/09/2022
- When we say “Walmart,” we mean Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC and Walmart Inc., and any subsidiaries of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (including any subsidiaries that Walmart Inc. may form or acquire in the future), and their affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents. We also refer to Walmart as “we,” “us” and “our.” But when we say “Walmart Entities,” we mean Walmart; its suppliers, vendors, contractors, and licensors.
- When we say “Walmart Sites,” we mean www.walmart.com, the Walmart Apps, and all related functionality, services, and Content offered by or for Walmart on or through www.walmart.com and the Walmart Apps or the systems, servers, and networks used to make the Walmart Sites available.
- When we say “Walmart Apps,” we mean the official “Walmart App” for iPhone and Android, which can be downloaded from the iTunes App Store or the Google Play Store.
- When we say “Content,” we mean merchandise information, product descriptions, reviews, comments, messages, reviews, communications, feedback, submissions, suggestions, questions, and other information, data, content, and materials (including page headers, images, text, illustrations, formats, logos, hashtags, designs, icons, photographs, software programs, music clips or downloads, video clips, and written and other materials.)
- When we say “Ideas,” we mean ideas, concepts, feedback, and know-how that you make available in connection with the Walmart Sites.
- When we say “make available,” we mean post, transit, publish, upload, distribute, transmit, display, provide, or otherwise submit or make available (including through any part of the Walmart Sites administrated by third-party social media platforms (e.g., Facebook or Instagram) that allow interaction with the Walmart Sites through the tools offered by such social media platforms).
- When we say “Materials,” we mean Content that Walmart Entities make available on or through the Walmart Sites, including In Store Now information.
2. Your Use of the Walmart Sites
You certify that the Content you provide on or through the Walmart Sites is accurate and that the information you provide on or through the Walmart Sites is complete. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your account including username, password, and PIN. Walmart is not responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of your account. You agree that Walmart does not have any responsibility if you lose or share access to your device. Any agreement between you and the issuer of your credit card, debit card, or other form of payment will continue to govern your use of such payment method on the Walmart Sites. You agree that Walmart is not a party to any such agreement, nor is Walmart responsible for the content, accuracy, or unavailability of any method used for payment. Your account may be restricted or terminated for any reason, at our sole discretion. Except as otherwise provided by law, at any time without notice to you, we may (1) change, restrict access to, suspend, or discontinue the Walmart Sites or any portion of the Walmart Sites, and (2) charge, modify, or waive any fees required to use any services, functionality or other content available through the Walmart Sites or any portion of the Walmart Sites.
- In connection with the Walmart Sites, you will not:
- Make available any Content through or in connection with the Walmart Sites that is or may be in violation of the content guidelines set forth in Section 3.C (Prohibited Content) below.
- Make available through or in connection with the Walmart Sites any virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware, or other computer code, file or program that is or is potentially harmful or invasive or intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software, or equipment.
- Use the Walmart Sites for any commercial purpose, or for any purpose that is fraudulent or otherwise tortious or unlawful.
- Harvest or collect information about users of the Walmart Sites.
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Walmart Sites or the systems, servers, or networks used to make the Walmart Sites available, including by hacking or defacing any portion of the Walmart Sites; or violate any requirement, procedure or policy of such servers or networks.
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Walmart Sites.
- Reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the Walmart Sites, except where such restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law.
- Remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice from the Walmart Sites.
- Frame or mirror any portion of the Walmart Sites, or otherwise incorporate any portion of the Walmart Sites into any product or service, unless you obtain Walmart’s express prior written consent to do so.
- Systematically download and store any Materials.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine” or otherwise gather any Materials, or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Walmart Sites, without Walmart’s express prior written consent.
- Cause injury to any person or entity.
- You will not use the Walmart Sites or Walmart’s name, logo, or brand to (1) send any unsolicited or unauthorized Content, including advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, or other form of solicitation; or (2) use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a Walmart trademark, logo, URL, or product name without Walmart’s written consent;
3. Monitoring by Walmart
4. Materials Available on the Walmart Sites
Walmart and its suppliers and licensors may make available various Materials. The Materials are for educational and informational purposes only, and errors may appear from time to time. Before you act in reliance on any Materials, you should confirm any facts that are important to your decision. The Walmart Entities make no warranty as to the reliability, accuracy, timeliness, usefulness, or completeness of any Materials. If you find an error or notice something that does not look quite right on the Walmart Sites, we would appreciate it if you let us know by contacting us at http://walmart.com/help. (Your feedback is a big part of what helps Walmart to get better at helping you!)
NO MATERIALS RELATED TO HEALTH, WELLNESS, PRESCRIPTIONS, OR PHARMACEUTICALS ARE INTENDED TO SUBSTITUTE FOR THE DIAGNOSIS, TREATMENT AND ADVICE OF A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL, AND SUCH MATERIALS DO NOT COVER ALL POSSIBLE USES, PRECAUTIONS, SIDE EFFECTS, AND INTERACTIONS, AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED TO INDICATE THAT ANY DRUG IS SAFE OR EFFECTIVE FOR YOU. CONSULT THE PRODUCT INFORMATION (INCLUDING PACKAGE INSERTS) REGARDING DOSAGE, PRECAUTIONS, WARNINGS, AND INTERACTIONS, AND YOUR MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL, FOR GUIDANCE BEFORE USING ANY PRESCRIPTION OR OVER-THE-COUNTER DRUG.
THE WALMART ENTITIES ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCE RELATING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY TO ANY ACTION OR INACTION YOU TAKE BASED ON THE MATERIALS.
5. Third Party Sites
6. Export Policy
You acknowledge that (a) goods licensed or sold on the Walmart Sites, and (b) any software or technology purchased, downloaded, or used from the Walmart Sites, are subject to the customs and export control laws and regulations of the United States of America and may also be subject to the customs and export laws and regulations of the country in which the products are manufactured and/or received, and you agree to comply with all applicable laws. You agree, represent, and warrant that no Materials will be accessed from, downloaded in, released in, carried to, transferred to, transshipped through, exported to, or re-exported (collectively “transferred”) to any territory (or national resident thereof), person, entity, or organization to which such Materials could not be transferred directly from the United States or by a U.S. person without a license, including without limitation to any person on the U.S. Treasury Department’s List of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Persons List or Entity List.
7. Intellectual Property
No license, right, title, or interest in the Walmart Sites or any Materials is transferred to you as a result of your use of the Walmart Sites or your accessing, viewing, downloading, or printing of the Materials. You may not reproduce (except as noted above), publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, sell, or participate in any sale of or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, any of the Materials or the Walmart Sites. The Walmart Sites and Materials may be used only as a personal shopping resource. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display, or performance, of the Walmart Sites and the Materials is strictly prohibited. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of the Walmart Sites and Materials is the exclusive property of Walmart and is also protected by U.S. and international copyright laws.
WALMART, WAL-MART, the WALMART.COM names and logos, and all other graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names included in or made available through any of the Walmart Sites are trademarks or trade dress of Walmart in the U.S. and other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective companies.
8. Procedure for Making a Claim of Copyright Infringement
We respect the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on the Walmart Sites in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please see our DMCA Procedure (available at https://walmart.com/help/article/Claims-of-Intellectual-Property-Infringement/6171b9ac00384f3f920aa14a9c08bdac) for instructions on how to contact us to report possible copyright infringement.
10. Third-Party Software & Licensing Notices
11. Disclaimer of Warranties
12. Limitation of Liability
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WALMART ENTITIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES OR UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, WHETHER IN TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE EVEN IF AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF A WALMART ENTITY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THIS DISCLAIMER APPLIES TO, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY ARISING FROM ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECTS, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, WORK STOPPAGE, ACCURACY OF RESULTS, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, COMPUTER VIRUSES, FILE CORRUPTION, COMMUNICATION FAILURE, NETWORK OR SYSTEM OUTAGE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, LOSS OF USE OF ANY RECORD OR DATA, AND ANY OTHER TANGIBLE OR INTANGIBLE LOSS. SUBJECT TO THE FOREGOING, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NO WALMART ENTITY WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE FEES PAID BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE WALMART SITES DURING THE SIX (6) MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH THE CLAIM AROSE.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NO WALMART ENTITY WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY SELLER (INCLUDING ANY MARKETPLACE RETAILER), SHOPPER, OR OTHER USER OF THE WALMART SITES.
14. Disputes & Arbitration; Applicable Law
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY. IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT. Using or accessing the Walmart Sites constitutes your acceptance of this Arbitration provision. Please read it carefully as it provides that you and Walmart will waive any right to file a lawsuit in court or participate in a class action for matters within the terms of the Arbitration provision.
This is to notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software, or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_content-control_software_and_providers. Please note that we do not endorse any of the products or services listed on such site.
18. How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments, please contact us at https://walmart.com/help, or by mail at the following address: Walmart.com; 850 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066. Please note that e-mail communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly, you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your e-mail correspondence with us. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
Walmart Sites: © 2000-2022 Walmart All Rights Reserved.
Walmart Apps: ©2009-2022 Walmart All Rights Reserved.